Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat in Yahtzee with Buddies Defeated!

You've seen the little sneak pop-ups - "Watch for the Cheshire Cat for rare prizes!" You have to beat the Cheshire Cat in 15 minutes or lose the game. (4/13/2016) I noticed that the time has been bumped up to 60 minutes. He has a 395 average (4/17/2016 - Lowered to 380) and will get three yahtzees in the game.  If you manage to win, you get 10 diamonds, a custom set of Cheshire dice, and 3,000 XP. 

The second time that you beat him in a row, you get 5,000 XP plus the 10 diamonds again. You can play Cheshire Cat again by "paying" 25 bonus rolls before the time runs out or it expires.  Don't worry if you get expired, the promotion lasts for another 22 days.  

You don't get a custom frame or other custom dice.  The message simply repeats for defeating the Cheshire Cat repeatedly.


As always, you get the "YOU WON" pop-up when you defeat the last dice master, in this case the Cheshire Cat.

"You are in the Top 1% of the players!"


If you tap on the continue, you are given the opportunity to keep playing the Cheshire Cat but you have to pay the skip price of 25 bonus rolls for the opportunity.

I have heard from others that Cheshire only appears for about an hour a day.  Catch him while you can.

How to beat the Cheshire Cat is the question when he averages a whopping 395!  Hope you have a few extra bonus rolls lying around.  Remember, the dice have what you need to beat him.  You heard that right!  Sometimes they aren't the dice that are obvious.


A lot of people write in and say they don't know what to look for and if the Cheshire Cat is even available or exists. I did a screenshot so that all can see what the secretive Cheshire icon looks like.

Make sure you hurry up because he isn't going to be around for much longer.

Just in 4/27/2016: Cheshire Cat No Longer Hiding










I've included a sample of the Cheshire Custom Dice that you win if you beat him.  I find the dice a little hard to read while playing so I don't think that I will be using these very much.
Cheshire Cat Sample Dice






35 comments:

  1. what do you exactly mean by the dice hace what you need to beat him
    are they like set up for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you exactly mean by saying the dice have what you need to beat him?
    are you saying that they are like set up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game seems give you the dice you need to beat the Cheshire Cat. It may not be the obvious dice that appear on your initial roll: 5, 5, 1, 2, 5. Your natural reaction is to pick the 5's. But here is your second roll: 1,1,1,3,6. The third is 1, 2,5,6,4.

      Delete
    2. That still doesn't make very much sense to me. Am I not supposed to pick the 5's?

      Delete
    3. That still doesn't make sense to me. Am I not supposed to pick the 5's?

      Delete
    4. You could pick the fives, sure. But you would only get three fives for a score of 15. But look what would happen if you picked the 1's! It's tricky because most people wouldn't take ones because it's the lowest number, especially when there's only one of them! But in this case, that would be the best play.

      Delete
  3. Angry Yahtzee PlayerApril 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM

    Damn cat is unbeatable. I'm not playing the cheshire anymore and yes I'm pissed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just playing, and had 40 minutes left according to the timer. I put down my phone to answer a call on my home phone, and less than a minute later went back to continue the game but it disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has happened to me also. It has a short window of time and I was wondering if there was a "per move" timer. I haven't played it enough to figure out the pattern yet.

      Delete
  5. I have not been able to challenge him. He has not shown up at all. I don't know why. My app is updated. I have watched for him like a hawk got three days now. Does anyone know why I have not seen him. I am aware he appears randomly and disappears too:) I had many dice friends say they just saw him they were around the same time they both seen the cat. Does the cat appear for all dice players to challenge at one time or randomly select players to challenge? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been able to challenge him. He has not shown up at all. I don't know why. My app is updated. I have watched for him like a hawk got three days now. Does anyone know why I have not seen him. I am aware he appears randomly and disappears too:) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do i even look for him at?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can anyone tell me where i look for the cat at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,

      The Cheshire Cat will appear in your player list. But it will look like the showdown dice master. There will be a countdown timer for him so hurry and catch him!

      Delete
  9. I found and beat the Cheshire Cat and used a lot of bonus rolls to do it. I never received my rewards. I messaged customer svc and they told me to screen shoot the win to prove I beat him. How do you do that after the fact? So many missing rewards in this game. Any advice on how to collect missing awards? Thanks a bunch��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing happened to me on dice with buddies lots of missing rewards an its like they dont want to give you ur rewards even after. Prove it

      Delete
  10. Hi Lenore,

    I've encountered the same but customer service has been pretty good about giving me the credit. If you notice throughout yahtzee with buddies blog that I have screen shots. Obviously, one reason is to post on here but the other - just in case I don't get the credit.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even find him. I don't know if I'm looking in wrong spot or what.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i finally got the dice
    im just so fullfilled right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. Glad that you could finally beat Cheshire Cat and get your custom dice :)

      Delete
  13. I beat the cat the very first time without using a single bonus roll. I won like 548-394 or something. Just use the Yahtzee/Dice method and you should never lose to a tower. Ever. Btw, my user name is xXTYRADORXx on both Yahtzee as well as Dice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the "Yahtzee/dice method? I've been trying so hard to beat him but I'm really not trying to pay for bonus rolls to do it. Any tips? Please help.

      Delete
    2. What is the yahtzee/dice method?

      Delete
    3. Pleease explain your method, I am so desperate to beat him haha

      Delete
    4. What is your method, I am desperate to beat him haha

      Delete
    5. Where are the instructions on this method? I can't find a thing about it.

      Delete
  14. What does that mean - just use the Yahtzee/dice method?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "yahtzee/dice method" is one of several methods of "peeking" at what the dice are going to be. Should I do a post on that?

      Delete
    2. Yes, please! It would be incredibly helpful, for the cat and other towers.

      Delete
    3. That stupid cat!!! I can't seem to beat any of the towers. Help please. Any tricks?

      Delete
    4. I finally have him up for the first time please I really want the dice

      Delete
  15. Yes please playing him in about 2 min would love to have to see dice

    ReplyDelete