Tuesday, March 8, 2016

How to Get Diamonds in Yahtzee with Buddies

Yahtzee with Buddies introduced Diamonds earlier without really giving a way to earn them and didn't explain the most asked question sent in to me: "What are diamonds used for in Yahtzee with Buddies?" and the response is, "Diamonds are used as a form of game currency."  That's a good answer but what do I do with them?  Scopely slowly started incorporating what to do with diamonds - Buy Custom Dice with Diamonds, or skip wait time in the dice master showdowns. 

How do you earn diamonds in Yahtzee with Buddies? Of course you probably want to know how to get them without buying them too!

The examples explain how to get them but don't guarantee that you will get them.  Almost all require that you win the game, either against the computer or person (PvP)



Method One: Buy Diamonds
Qty: 1,125, Cost: $99.99  8.88 cents per diamond
Qty: 510, Cost $49.99 9,80 cents per diamond
Qty: 190, Cost $19.99 10.52 cents per diamond
Qty: 85, Cost $9.99 11.75 cents per diamond
Qty: 40, Cost $4.99 12.48 cents per diamond

Method Two: Earn Diamonds Playing
1) Every day there is a daily challenge to earn both bonus rolls and diamonds.  Today's challenge was to complete 3 gold fast play tournaments (cost 45 bonus rolls) and earn 45 diamonds.  In essence a one-to-one trade.  Sure, I'll be glad to do a one for one.

2) Play the Dice Duels.  The dice duels cost an entry fee in diamonds (1, 2, 5, 10, 25) which represents the different tiers of play (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Emerald, Master).  If you win the match, you'll get either (2, 4, 10, 20 or 50 diamonds).  After you reach 100 wins in duels, 50 diamonds are awarded for each win.  Don't forget that you get one free entry per day (day starts at midnight)

3) Enter the premium tournaments if you have enough bonus rolls.  However, unless you know how to get 880 in a tournament, you should look for winning the honorable mention prize.

4) Be on the look out for the special promo that shows how to get diamonds.  Today, it was enter and win a diamond fast play tournament and win 30 diamonds.  Entry fee was only 3 bonus rolls.  The entry fee is slightly more than entering the 2 bonus roll bronze fast play.

I am hoping that Scopely will create a scratcher for diamonds to match the bonus rolls.  As new ways become available, I'll post about it.

See related: How to Get Bonus Rolls in Yahtzee with Buddies

14 comments:

  1. If the screen shot is from your phone...I'm pretty amazed that you have 8,000+ bonus rolls without "buying" any bonus rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have 8,000+ bonus rolls and after the diamond tournament yesterday have over 500 diamonds. I spent some getting dice. I have not used any real money in anyway shape or form to get these. If you have read the blog...everything is laid out on how to do it youself :)

      Delete
    2. I have read many of your blogs. The how to get 880 doesn't seem fair to me. Even though it 'can' be done doesn't mean it should be done. Plus, I do not have more than one device. I just seem to exchange bonus rolls for bonus rolls and never get ahead without buying them. I have been doing the dual matches but again I'm exchanging bonus rolls (which are worth more) for diamonds. Doesn't seem worth it. I want to collect the dice I like, leveling up and I'm addicted to the game, but I cannot afford to buy bonus rolls every week. I have had conversations with other buddies who feel the same way.

      Delete
    3. Yes. It is unfair. The 880 is used in the daily and premium tournaments and is the only way you can get a lot of bonus rolls or special dice.

      You're not the only one addicted to this game. Look at the leader boards and you'll see the top ten players have millions of points.

      Also, remember that Scopely wants you to buy but from pressure in my opinion, they have been offering more ways to get bonus rolls free. The watch videos now give you more free bonus rolls then ever and you even get a pop up to tell you it's time.

      Delete
  2. The screen shot shows you (or someone else) has 8,000+ bonus rolls...that is pretty amazing. Some of us are clearly not playing this game correctly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends what your aim is in the game. Some just play a game or two with friends. Some want to be the #1 player, while others only do the dice masters and fast play. Others want all the dice...and then others are just addicted! Hmmm, and idea for a new post!

      Delete
  3. I don't know where to go to get my scratchers? Can anyone help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On an android, it is the on the menu (three little dots top right) and on the iPhone it is on the dice icon and then scratchers icon.

      Delete
    2. In the righthand corner, you sreally a drop down. Click that and you'll see scratches, select that and there you go

      Delete
  4. Question. Do you only earn diamonds playing on your phone or can you earn them by playing on a computer as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had over 500 diamonds now I'm down to 200 but I didn't purchase anything, where did they go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have an option to buy diamonds does anyone know why? I have an android device, my game is up to date. I only have an option to buy dice. The plus sign is missing beside my diamond icon. Help or insight would be appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scopely has shifted from buying the diamonds to earning them via their tournaments in both dice with buddies and yahtzee with buddies. In the duels, you can by simply entering exchange bonus rolls for diamonds. Hope that helps.

      Delete