Wednesday, December 9, 2015

What I Hate About Playing Yahtzee With Buddies

Here are some of the things that I dislike while playing Yahtzee With Buddies or Dice with Buddies.  This is not against the game itself but things that are repeating.  These are my complaints.  What are yours?

1) The Yahtzee after you score a zero in the yahtzee box.
I make a decision to place a zero because I feel that it is less likely that I will get a yahtzee then bam, I get a yahtzee.

2) Accidently starting multiple games with someone because we both clicked rematch.
It seems to always happen if you rematch right after the game is over.  Both players then rematch resulting in multiple games.

3) The game not registering my tap on a dice and losing the dice I wanted to keep.
This happens to me a lot.  I am in a rush to play this roll and going for the yahtzee and I lose that 6 I needed.

4) Going for something that I don't need.
I think to myself..."Oh three sixes!" Then I realize that I needed a small straight.

5) Opponents that take too long to move.
Let's finish this game today.  Sometimes, they play a move and wait 6 days to make the next.  They'll move two more rolls and then wait another seven days.  Geez!!!

6) Opponents that send me messages to hurry up.
Okay, I get it. I try to finish the whole game but I do have to eat and otherwise get on with my life besides Yahtzee with Buddies.

7) Opponents that chat way to much.
Besides the usual "Hi," "Good luck," "My name is...".  Eventually we might become yahtzee friends. This is not yahtzee dating!

8) Using three rolls to get that one number and fail with 15 dice!
Really! out of all those dice, I couldn't get that one five that I needed to get the upper bonus, four of a kind, yahtzee, etc...Frustrating.

9) Getting the highest score in my life of 501 in a tournament or game and losing to someone that scored 13 yahtzees in a row in a tournament (880 points)
Really? What the $%@! I used a gazillion bonus rolls that I collected and still win nothing in the tournament.  I have googled ... "How to cheat in Yahtzee with Buddies?"  or even, "Yahtzee hacks." Sigh.

10) Not getting anything other than nothing or one bonus roll with a scratcher.  Sometimes I have hold off on scratching until I get about 10 of them and maybe win one or two bonus rolls.
What are the odds set to for the 200 bonus rolls?  I want to know so at least I can expect nothing.

11) People who think they are too good to play you.
Yes, you're a level 18 150. Good, you play a lot.  Are you afraid to lose to a much lower level?

12) The matching system selecting someone for you that doesn't play and it takes eight days for them to finally "time out," and say, "They Declined."
Match with someone that plays or has a history of playing.

13) Having to go Awards, then scratchers to actually rub off the scratchers.
Why not have the button after the game?  "You have 6 earned scratchers. Want to scratch now?"

14) Losing to the Dice Master in the ladder (Showdown)
How do they get the dice master characters to get apx. the score they are rated?

15) Accidently scoring a zero because you placed your 4 of a kind in full house, any other wrong box.
I know it is careless but still frustrating.

16) That it is so addicting!
Yup.  I'm addicted to Yahtzee with Buddies.  Are you?

17) Getting a Yahtzee of all sixes for your 50 point yahtzee.
Why is this a bummer? Well, it feels like it is being wasted and I'm not going to get another five or six yahtzee roll! Several others have mentioned they would prefer a lower dice (1-4) for their first yathzee of the game and then get a five or six yahtzee. In essence it is similar to finally getting a winning lotto ticket and it wins $4.00 dollars.

18) Timing out on a dice duel and losing.
The dice duels force you to make a move in 12 hours or lose.  Just like that, you lose.

19) Accidentally clicking on the FRESH START or TRIPLE REPLAY button.
This usually happens when you are trying to get a particular roll and run out of turns, then poof, you tapped once too many times.






17 comments:

  1. ok no 6 has never happened to me, yet. I got started with no 7 since it was an achievement but do a lot less now. no 9 has not happened to me yet as I've never had a score that high and since cheaters revealed I rarely attempt tournaments. no 13 they have fixed and all the rest I agree with you completely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 can happen during a real game of yahtzee with real dice. Its a game of chance and using math to manipulate the odds in your favor

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are also BOTS that like to play the gambling games. I have proof. Will post soon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are also BOTS that like to play the gambling games. I have proof. Will post soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is your proof? I have had a feeling that there are fake accounts that are setup to look like real people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played the same robot for years now. I had a 100-0 win streak with this one, plays very poorly, has frames they couldn't have possibly have earned, changes dice practically every match, don't answer a greeting, profile pics generally of landscape, or objects, etc...rematch instantly, make moves at weird times.

      Delete
  6. Tonight I looked under Leaderboard and then Buddies and a couple I've been playing aren't there because they're bots not buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've blocked a player on Yahtzee, yet they still send me game request.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you need to block someone? Just decline their game requests. I don't know if they can tell they're blocked anyway.

      Delete
  8. There are many bots on the New Yahtzee game. Everyone of the “people” named “adjective animal”: scarylemur or rowdyparrot. All these names are fake players. Playing up the “stacks” is also bugged with cheating by the bots. These bots play within 10 points of a target. They are not random. These are challenges with predetermined outcomes.

    Sometimes bots will score a Yahtzee of 22222 under 10 in the 2 when there is NO Yahtzee scores yet. Making stupid plays.

    I prefer random dice throws. Maybe the game makers can “give” higher level bot opponents some “dice/money” to re-roll and become stronger. But the non random nature is lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My default name was an adjective-animal name and i saw no point in changing it because i like the fake privacy. So that isn't a great way to tell

      Delete
    2. That's not true. i'm a real person and I was given a name - adjective-animal name. I like it being anonymous. And, I use a landscape shot because it's pretty. I'd rather look at landscape rather than someone's blurry closeup mug - creeps me out.

      Delete
  9. Me too - the blocking does not work. Did anyone notice on November 22 that the name of the person was being shown accidentally under profile!!! This was for people who had paid for full version. Bot players were not shown. My real name was exposed for about 12 hours and so were other users

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bot names: shyflamingo slickfox quicklion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily true, some of those are real people. My game name is one of those.

      Delete
  11. Can a player have multiple Yahtzee profiles?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do I lose to the shown down characters when I have scored more points than them in the game? For example. I finish with 301 points and before hitting the play button on my last turn, I see that the character only has to fill his s yet, he has 260 points and even if he gets all of the 5s that is only 25 points. He will finish with 285. I should win, but then the character will win and it will show he has many more points than was possible. I don’t get it. Happens to me all the time

    ReplyDelete