Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dice Duels in Yahtzee with Buddies

First you got the duel dice and given a hint at what was coming.  Now, that the dice duels have been released, have you been playing?

Updated: 3/16/2016.  New Season of Dice Duels.

Here's the scoop:

Each duel costs 1 diamond to play, you initially get 3 to start you off.  Of course, you can buy diamonds and you can earn 1 diamond for winning a duel.  1/23/16 - Looks like it costs 3 to start a new game and you win 4 diamonds in silver for the new version in silver and 7 diamonds for gold.

You get one free duel per day.  Take advantage of this fact!

The duel has a 12 hour move limit per person.  You will forfeit if you don't make your move within that time.

100 XP is earned per person.  Some people are telling me that they aren't getting their XP.  Scopely probably knows about it and is working on fixing those issues.


You'll notice that each duel game has a special symbol at the top center so that you can distinguish that is not just a regular game.

I've played 7 matches and the stats are tracked so you can see where you are.  The leader boards show that some have a lot of wins and have focused mainly on the dice duels.

The new vanity frames are tied to these duels. Do you participate in the duels?

Lately, I haven't had that much time to play the duels and am concentrating on the tournaments; a new post on those are coming up soon!

Current Rank and Rewards:
BRONZE: 1 Diamond per win
Rank 1: 1 Bonus Roll and 100 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 2: 1 Bonus Roll and 100 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 3: 2 Bonus Rolls and 200 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 4: 3 Bonus Rolls and 300 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 5: 4 Bonus Rolls and 400 XP, 1 Win to next level

SILVER: (5 bonus rolls awarded) 4 Diamonds per win
Rank 1: 3 Bonus Rolls and 600 XP, 2 Win to next level
Rank 2: 4 Bonus Rolls and 800 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 3: 5 Bonus Rolls and 1,000 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 4: 6 Bonus Rolls and 1,200 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 5: 7 Bonus Rolls and 1,400 XP, 1 Win to next level
Rank 6: 8 Bonus Rolls and 1,600 XP, 1 Win to next level

GOLD: (8 bonus rolls awarded) 7 Diamonds per win
Rank 1: 8 Bonus Rolls and 2,000 XP, 5 Win to next level
Rank 2: 10 Bonus Rolls and 2,500 XP, 6
Rank 3: 3,000 XP,
Rank 4: 7 Bonus Rolls, 3,500 XP

EMERALD: (10 bonus rolls awarded)

... (send in the info please if you've reached these levels)

33 comments:

  1. What are the diamonds for other than playing dice duel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahtzee Blogger wrote a new post about what they are for

      Delete
  2. They really haven't said yet. They will probably be used like bonus rolls but nothing has been revealed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The option has disappeared from the SPECIAL EVENTS to start a new duel. I don't know what has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dice duel tournament is over which is why you can't play them anymore

    ReplyDelete
  5. It ended yesterday. The diehard yahtzee with buddies players racked up some XP and bonus rolls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diamonds will remain a type of game currency. They did have problems when the feature came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was just a trial run and the first season. A new season should start soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I have 10 left over. I just wait for the next dice duels to start? Will they be used for something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the duels are back on. Keep winning and getting more :)

      Delete
  9. I am not getting my diamonds for winning. After the game is over the turn clock is still counting down. Anyone else with this issue?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duels are off again today. Just the end of another season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another "season" over. They may tweak it as they work out the kinks

      Delete
  11. I guess we wait for it to show up again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you see your dice duel rank? I paid 1 diamond to play one and I still only won one diamond. Does this mean I'm at the bronze rank? I looked through my stats and I can't see anywhere where it shows my rank for dice duels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on the EVENTS and REWARDS area...Then tap on DICE DUELS INFO.

      Delete
  13. Why am I not receiving my diamonds for winning? I am not happy about this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. During dice duel when it's the other players turn the game says I forfeit when the other players turn runs out of time. It's happened three times in a row now. I'm not allowed to even make a move.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is the point of the diamonds? I can not find any use for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are used as virtual currency. Right now, you can buy custom dice with them. Some dice are 200 diamonds, others 650 and at the upper end, 950 diamonds. Later, they might be used to skip wait periods when playing dice masters

      Delete
  16. What can I use my diamonds for? I have 120 but can't find where to spend them. Everything seems to require dice. This seems a major problem with the game or am I missing something. Please help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally,

      The diamonds are virtual currency :) Check out these links:
      http://yahtzee-with-buddies.blogspot.com/2015/10/yahtzee-with-buddies-faq.html

      Right now you can buy custom dice with them:
      http://yahtzee-with-buddies.blogspot.com/2015/10/yahtzee-with-buddies-custom-dice-and.html


      Delete
  17. I have 194 diamonds. What are they good for?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was hoping with each new Season my rank would reset to allow me to win the dice on offer. For example I won 20 duels & received the rank of first level gold, but every time I win it just increases my ranking. Now the Ghostbusters dice are on offer but I can't win these through the duels as am already gold level 😞

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have two issues with dice duels. First, you are not always paired with someone at equal level. More often than not it is someone higher, even much higher than you. Second, when it freezes on their turn and either doesn't come back or comes to my turn for like 25 seconds and so often I'm shown as forfeiting when I haven't the game did by not allowing me to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't figured out how they're doing it, bit im convinced it's a cheat of some type. I've started reporting players. I'm on to have fun, not to waste my time on ppl cheating making appear to forfeit when I didn't.

      Delete
  20. Why is it I buy in with one of my dice, get paired up and play half the game then my opponent drops out. I play or waste my dice to play somebody that isn't going to finish the game. So often I'm about to quit

    ReplyDelete
  21. What does it mean when you win a bronze doce

    ReplyDelete
  22. What does the "Nearby" symbol mean when I click on New Game?

    ReplyDelete