Monday, October 17, 2016

Yahtzee with Buddies One Year!

Yahtzee with Buddies
Dice with Buddies
Happy Birthday Post


Hello everyone!  Happy rolling :)  On the 11th of this month, yahtzee-with-buddies.blogspot.com turned one!  At this time last year, a friend of mine from words with friends invited me to play yahtzee with them.  They told me that they were addicted to this game (are you?). How can you turn down a friend?  I downloaded yahtzee with buddies on my iPhone but quickly got annoyed by the ads after each move so I forked over the $2.99 for the ad-free version and got some bonus rolls to boot.

I soon discovered bonus rolls, scratchers and towers.  I had a lot of questions about the game but couldn't find anything on the web that answered my questions.  So...I decided to write a blog and share what I had learned since I figured others might have the same questions.  Along the way, I met people with a lot experience that helped out and provided tips for playing.  I also learned about yahtzee with buddies sister app - Dice with Buddies. They are basically the same - 99%, except yahtzee with buddies is a Hasbro branded game and has their blessing.

The custom dice soon became the main focus and how to get them and that's why I show all the towers and which dice masters you'll face.  Lately, some of my followers have helped by sending screenshots of dice I don't have - THANK YOU! 

During this past year, this site has grown from about 10-25 unique visitors to about 700-1000 unique visitors per day.  Most of the visitors are looking to see what a particular dice is or how people are getting such high scores - 880 points. 

If I've helped you find an answer then I've succeeded.

Happy Birthday to yahtzee-with-buddies.blogspot.com!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! This is an awesome blog! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see this site crumble...hope it picks up one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay,

      Ouch! But it has been awhile. Would you be willing to help? I'm writing a post on the "Weekly Challenge" but only appears on Android devices at this point. Email me if you would help :)

      Delete